Sunday, February 6, 2011

Historic Quips About Myself

Historic Quips About Myself


I am a historic item myself.  My ancestral history is linked to the early colonial days and to the Mayflower.  My interests in old things started with my marriage to my husband, Haines

Haines and I stumbled into each other and married in the golden era of our middle age. We have taken many steps in our journey together, and we have encountered many adventures. 

In 2000, Haines was diagnosed with esophageal cancer.  He recovered through the grace of GOD.  We moved from
California to his home of birth, Louisiana, Missouri, a small town on the Mississippi River.  Here, I went to my first auction in the Midwest.  All sorts of wonderful things were to be had.  And best of all my husband regained his health and is still my stumble around companion.

We acquired small antique items and then got ourselves into real trouble by buying an antique store in
Louisiana, MO.  I will continue that story later.

Next, we restored a 100 year old farmhouse in 2005.  And finally we bought a 1858 an Italianate home, which was the residence of Captain James Johnson in Louisiana, Missouri, where we presently reside.

I am hoping that my blog will bring new friendships and adventures. I will share pictures of my houses, my things, and ideas from my heart.  Hope you will do the same.    Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment