Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Sonrise, Another Spring Morning!

   Top of the Morning to You,  From the Wide                          Mississipp'

     As I was dressing for work (I'm still subbing for our local high school) I noticed a reflection of the color in my mirror.  The sun was just beginning to warm up the horizon of the river.   I went streaking through our bedroom and grabbed my camera. 
    
     Haines laughed at the thought of me being alert enough to catch a sunrise.  More than that, to take pictures of a sight he sees almost every morning.  I've always been a night owl, working late hours in restaurants when I was young. And Haines, well, he's a cowboy first, and a teacher second. He takes great pride in joining his friend, Carl for a trip through the country looking for critters. 

     I went from window to window trying to  get my best shot in a very little time span.  The best place to take pictures from our house is to climb to the enclosed tower, but I wasn't about to do that.  We will get there eventually, and I'll show you what I mean.

Sunsets are beautiful here too. 
We do have something else that I'll try to capture on camera!  Our full moons will dazzle you.  And when combined with
The Dance of the Fireflies,  Oh, My!!  


The Sun is  up and the day awaits at school!  Never know what the day will bring!       

1 comment:

  1. I have seen quite a few sunrises lately as I seem to be awake most of the night. I would rather not see them, but they are beautiful and you caught it pretty good. Thanks for sharing. Richard at My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete